IGTV on Instagram – Everything You Need to Know
IGTV on Instagram is the social media platform’s latest and greatest feature. With 1 billion active users monthly, Instagram has become one of the most prolific platforms not only for users and content creators, but also for businesses. It’s hash tagging system, the featured posts tab, simple design, and stories features make the app user-friendly and enticing to all types of consumers. Through Instagram’s business profile brands can also easily monitor content performance, audience information, and trends. To make the platform even wider-reaching, this summer Instagram launched a new feature called “IGTV” allowing users to post full screen vertical videos up to an hour in length to their profile.
Everything You Need to Know About IGTV on Instagram
IGTV encourages content creators to post full screen vertical videos that are much longer, opposed to posts, which are square and up to one minute long, or stories, which are even shorter at just 15 seconds per post. These longer videos open new possibilities for businesses to get creative and serve as a new way to connect with your audiences.
Finding content on IGTV is intuitive and easy. Users have the ability to browse different channels or find recommended channels under the “For You”, “Following” and “Popular” tabs. Users also have the ability to like, comment, and share videos or channels via direct message.
IGTV consists of channels, which is another term for creators or profiles. Anyone can create a channel through their profile, and if you follow the profile on Instagram their IGTV feed will automatically appear for you, as well.
IGTV is already conveniently built into the Instagram app, however it is also available as an external application that can be downloaded through both the iOS App Store and Google Play Store. Although either work for managing your IGTV channel, the IGTV app offers more in-depth features under the settings tab, allowing for further control and customization.
Everything You Need to Know About IGTV on Instagram for your Business
The ability to upload long form content to Instagram is a game-changing feature for the already thriving social media network. This feature can be utilized by business to create more entertaining and engaging content such as FAQs, half-hour specials, detailed advertisements, and more.
- FAQs. The ability to upload hour long videos to IGTV on Instagram is the perfect opportunity to post an FAQ regarding your products, services, or overview as a brand.
- Interviews. Another great way to connect with your audience is conducting full-length interviews that incorporate questions submitted by other users along with questions you write yourself.
- Tutorials and Demos. With IGTV on Instagram, you are able to take your time with tutorials or demonstrations of products and services.
- Webinars and Lectures. IGTV on Instagram is also a prime medium for educational content. With an hour, you could conduct highly informative and intriguing webinars.
- Advertisements. Opposed to the traditional 1 minute-long advertisement, IGTV serves as an open platform for more in-depth and engaging advertisements. With an hour, you could even create your own digital infomercial.
As the time spent on social media platforms increases, the amount of time spent watching traditional TV has begun to taper off. With over 1 billion active users worldwide monthly, Instagram is bridging the gap between television and social networks with it’s new IGTV feature. For more content about social media marketing, branding, and the latest digital trends, check out our blog. For more information about Dapper Goat, please contact us. Be sure to head on over to our Instagram and Twitter pages as well, to stay up to date with Dapper Goat.