Social media trends in the health and wellness industry
Looking for a way to promote your supplement or research brand? Curious what trends are most popular accross social media for the health industry? We were too. Health and wellness is a huge field to cover, especially across social media. There are around 320,000 apps in that category and even more social accounts and websites. Whether it is a person, a product, or a team, the health and wellness field has been inevitably changed for the better by social media because it has encouraged users around the world to be more in touch with their health and well-being.
If you are a company or individual in this industry, being in touch with the current trends is vital for increasing engagement and reach to your social channels. Almost 100% of the time, when the content and the way it is broadcasted is done on trend, you will have success with your social media marketing campaign.
We looked into a few different categories for social media trends in the health industry, those being “Wellness,” “Well-Being and Health,” and “Supplements.” After reviewing and comparing case studies for companies in these fields, we concluded that the top social media content trends in the health and wellness industry are:
- Trends in the wellness industry include planetary healing, in-person meeting circles, gut health, natural beauty, collagen, intermittent fasting, healthy foods, sleeping optimization, femtech, mitochondria, and breathwork.
- The well-being and health industry include Eco-Keto eating, boutique gyms, mesonutrient, brain-boosting nutrition, smart jewelry, intermittent fasting (IF), technical running, spiritual skin, children’s gyms, and immersion fitness.
- Trends in the supplement industry include total well-being, rethink on plastic, new challenges, advertising, and physical social interaction.
These trends are common and popular among the health and wellness industry, now the next step is creating a campaign that follows along with these trends as the primary focus. The three companies whose social media was studied include the Nosh Detox, the Forest App, and the Oura Rings.
The Nosh Detox is a particular Ketogenic diet program that delivers personalized keto-friendly meals. The diet promotes weight loss and helps in optimizing body composition.
- Social Media: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Trends: The ketogenic diet is the most popular trend with regard to weight loss and other health benefits.
- The company’s social media strategy: Nosh Detox uses social media as a platform to generate a client base, by focusing on their brand awareness. Nosh Detox has adhered to social media and reaches bloggers to promote its business and products.
The Forest App team plants trees when users spend the virtual coins they earn by staying away from mobile and social media platforms. This app is designed to promote physical social interaction and to reduce mobile addiction. There has been a lot of buzz in the health and wellness industry about interventions on screen time and how the reduction of social media/technology use actually helps prevent excess weight gain.
- Social Media: Facebook and Twitter.
- Trends: The Forest App is turning away from technology (smartphone addiction) and social isolation (physical social interaction).
- The company’s social media strategy: Apple featured Forest App in the categories Amazing Apps and Best New Apps. There are media articles that explain why disconnecting is important, and Forest App is incentivizing it by stating that 212,000 real trees were planted after clients were disconnected from their phones. Forest App posts the latest updates on its productivity in terms of trees and users on their Facebook page.
Oura Rings are sleep gadget rings that track the length of sleep based on body movements, body temperature, and blood volume. Science has actually proven that sleep technology gadgets help to track sleep by tracking heartbeat, respiration, and body movements.
- Social Media: Facebook, Vimeo, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Linkedin.
- Trends: Trends with respect to Oura Rings are sleeping optimization and smart jewelry.
- The company’s social media strategy: Oura Rings is promoted through Instagram and events such as Prince Harry wearing the Oura Ring.
Popular trends within social media for the health industry can vary based on the target market. It is vital to look at your product, and your company, and figure out who are your consumers in order to appeal to the right audience. Sometimes that isn’t always easy. Contact us to learn more about our services and how we can help identify social media trends, target audiences, and more.